Sunday, October 28, 2012

Corck Pot Italian Chicken

Okay I guess I'll be the first to Post a recipe or two or three, since I'm sitting here with my recipe box out I might as well type up a few to put on here. We will see how many I get done.


Here is a new Favorite of ours: Italian Chicken in the crock pot

I mostly love this because it is so easy and I think it tastes great too.

 (image courtesy of The Daily Blarg)

Ingredients:

~ 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Yes, you can put them in frozen! I just cut them in half if they are really big)
~1 large (28 oz.) can of diced tomatoes (you may use the Italian flavored if you like)
~2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms
~1 can of quartered Artichoke hearts
~1 can of olives sliced (I usually only do half a can, too much olives if you use the whole can)
~1/4 cup of chicken broth
~1 onion diced
~3 cloves of garlic minced
~2 1/2 tsp of dried basil
~1 tsp of dried oregano
~2 tsp of salt
~1 tsp of pepper
~3 Tb of heavy cream (optional)

Directions: (this could get complicated ;)

Throw everything in the crock pot (except the cream) and cook on Low for 9 hours OR on High for 4-5 hours. (Told ya this is very complicated)

An hour before serving, shred the chicken in the crock pot and you can add the cream if you choose to at this time. Also this is when I taste test and add any more seasonings (I like lots of basil) if needed.

Serve over pasta (or rice) with a side of green veggies.

That is it! It's quick to throw together in the crock pot and easy to serve up.

No comments: